Of course we look like idiots … because we are.
10. Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000-per-plate Obama fund-raising event.
9. Only in America could people claim that the government discriminates against black Americans when the President is black, the Attorney General is black, and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is black. While only 14% of the population is black, 40+% of all federal entitlements go to black Americans – three times the rate that goes to whites, five times the rate that goes to Hispanics!
8. Only in America could the two people most responsible the Ways and Means Committee)–BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
7. Only in America can terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and the media reacts by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
6. Only America would make people who want to immigrate and become legal American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just ‘magically’ becomes an American citizen (probably should be number one).
5. Only in America could people who believe in balancing the budget and abiding by the country’s Constitution be thought of as EXTREMISTS.
4. Only in America do people need to present identification to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
3. Only in America could people demand the government investigate the oil companies to see if they are gouging the public because the price of gas went up, when the return on equity invested in a major US oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
2. Only in America could the government collect more taxes than any nation in recorded history, spend a trillion dollars more per year–for a total expenditure of 7 million dollars PER MINUTE and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough money.
1. Only in America could the rich people, who pay 86% of all income taxes, be accused of not paying their “fair share” by people who don’t pay any income taxes at all.