Vienna September 11-12, 1683: How the Cowardly Jihad (Muslims) Ran for Their Lives
“…Sobieski had held the cavalry back on the right, on the high ground. When the moment came, he launched downhill the largest cavalry charge in history. It was led by the famous “Winged Hussars” of Poland. On September 11-12, 1683, the jihad broke and ran from the Gates of Vienna, leaving 20,000 dead, and all their cannon behind…” }} more…
Posts Tagged ‘Cavalry’
0. Know the distinction between C-a-v-a-l-r-y and C-a-l-v-a-r-y. The former being military troops trained to fight on horseback. Currently, they are highly mobile army units using vehicular transport, such as HUMVEEs, light armor and helicopters. The latter being the hill on which Jesus was crucified. Literally, it means “hill of skulls.” Now, would somebody please brief the nutsacks in Hollywood (like Dale Dye, believe it or not)?
1. Can cuss (curse, swear) for a full ten minutes without repeating a single word.
2. Know that “Cav” is an abnormal condition that can be cured with testosterone shots.
3. Can remember when there were real NCOs in the Army.
4. Will fight with bayonets and E-tools just to save ammo.
5. Wear Corcoran jump boots in garrison just in case they have to kick the shit out of some loudmouthed MP.
6. Have eyes in the backs of their heads.
7. Can see in the dark.
8. Would rather be a squad leader than a general.
9. Have wet dreams about leading a parachute assault on Baghdad .
10. Still don’t trust the Russians.
11. Still hate the French. (more…)
1st Cavalry Division Memorial
The statue of two 1st Cavalry Division Troopers with a child is set on a pedestal and is the center piece of the Memorial. The statue was constructed in Iraq by an Iraqi artist from a photograph of an actual event.
I’m a joker. While I post some serious articles, in my own writing I mostly try to make my points with humor. While Obama’s easy ride is ending, as the truth about him keeps coming out, many patriots are not in the mood to laugh off what his presidency would mean.
Take Lance, our leader here at TMQ2. This veteran Cavalry Trooper is a true patriot. While he can laugh at a joke, I think he and other vets and Active Duty soldiers take Obama and other Democrats more personally. Men like Lance have made great sacrifices for our country and their fellow troopers. (more…)