This article posted with author’s permission:
An amazing thing happened on Wednesday, April 15th, Tax Day, when nearly a million people took hours off from their workdays – many sacrificing pay cuts and even the threat of being fired – to attend thousands of Tea Parties across America. What motivated this huge number of Republicans, Conservatives, Democrats, Independents, Libertarians, and even apolitical people to come out in mid-week with placards aplenty and passion unprecedented? It was to tell President Obama that they rejected and resented just about everything he and his radical-left Congress have foisted on our nation during his 90-plus days in office. These include:
- A frontal assault on free-market capitalism
- Zero transparency and accountability for the billions already doled out – where has it gone?
- Rising unemployment
- Trillions of dollars of debt for us and our children and grandchildren
- Infringement of freedoms guaranteed in the Constitution and Bill of Rights, including free speech, gun ownership, freedom of religion, et al.
- Obsequious overtures to the world’s biggest despots, all of them America’s sworn enemies.
- Passage of H.R. 1388, or the “domestic security force” that eerily mimics Hitler’s brown shirts, or, as Obama stated: “We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”
- Aggressive moves to nationalize the press, resurrect the “Fairness Doctrine,” and give the president the legal authority to shut down the Internet in the “interest of national security.”
- A cap-and-trade tax that will effectively kill commerce
- Full-speed-ahead on destroying the coal industry
- Ceding the resolution of legal issues to the cesspool-of-corruption known as the United Nations and transnational courts
- Steps to obliterate the “conscience clause” that allows doctors, nurses and pharmacists the right not to participate in the infanticide procedure known as abortion
- Unforgiveable insults to our military by calling them potential “domestic terrorists.” Other “terrorists” listed in the Department of Homeland Security report were anyone opposed to abortion, anyone in favor of immigration enforcement, pro-Second-Amendment lobbies, and anyone protesting big government.
- A vile insult to Catholics when the White House insisted on having Christ’s name covered by black plywood when the president spoke at Georgetown U. – why was he invited?
- A despicable insult to Jews when career anti-Semite Charles Freeman – President of the MEPC Arab lobby and a board member of the American Iranian Council – was appointed head of the National Intelligence Council, but ultimately stepped down, confirming in his own words his animus toward Israel.
- Declaring carbon dioxide an environmental pollutant… another scheme to impose draconian and business-murdering taxes on Americans, while at the same time refusing to drill for oil and build nuclear facilities, all in the name of the colossal hoax known as man-made global warming. Let’s hear it for windmills!
- The coming manipulation of the U.S. census by community-organizers from ACORN – under investigation in more than 12 states for voter-registration fraud – which received $5-billion of tax-payer’s money in Obama’s “stimulus” package
- An utter failure to intercede in a timely fashion to save Captain Richard Phillips from the Muslim Somali terrorists in the Maersk Alabama incident
As I’ve often said about what appears to be President Obama’s Marxist agenda…this is the short list! The longer list includes cabinet members and advisors who would have been instantly rejected by your friendly deli owner or housewife, so steeped have they been in tax cheating, conflicts-of-interest, and criminal investigations.
MR. KNOW NUTHIN’
In spite of the fact that the President of the United States is supposed to be the most informed person on the face of the earth, when the most dramatic opposition to his policies took place on Tax Day, April 15th, his press secretary, Robert Gibbs, said that the president was “unaware” of the Tea Party tsunami.
In Internet lingo, this was a huge LOLOL! Of course President Obama knew. That is why the day before the Tea Parties, on April 14th he went into full campaign mode to tell students at Georgetown U. how peachy keen things were; why he sent his Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to echo the message to students at Morehouse U., and why the White House blast e-mailed and blast-faxed its leftwing media lackeys the Talking Points they hoped would kill the damned Tea Party movement in its infancy.
But the Obama and Bernanke speeches failed, as did all those media Talking Points. That is not to say that the so-called journalists of the so-called mainstream media – the same media that are dying on the vine every day – were silent. So terrified are they of Democracy in Action that they tripped over themselves, and each other, in a failed effort to diminish the impact of this national movement and to vilify its participants. Fox News, however, gave the Tea Parties 24-7 coverage and garnered the kind of sky-high ratings that every news organization dreams about.
I understand why the president was clueless. After all, a United States president is a busy man. He can’t possibly know of everything going on in our country, especially when he is hard at work:
- Bowing fawningly to the terrorist-funding King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia
- Sharing a strangely intimate finger-entangled greeting with the American-loathing Marxist president of Venezuela Hugo Chavez
- Sitting mutely through a 90-minute American-bashing screed by Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega
- Sending love notes (uh, “outreach” messages) to the America-reviling president of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
- Sending his sell-out-Israel emissaries to the America-hating president of Syria Bashar Assad
- Making sweet overtures to Cuba’s tyrant Raul Castro
And generally apologizing to our enemies for what he believes is America’s “arrogance” and “divisiveness.”
OBAMA’S MISSION – NOT ACCOMPLISHED
But something unexpected happened to our neophyte president on the way to shoving his Socialist swill down the throats of the American public. They rejected it. In a recent article, “Obama’s Incurable Nausea,” I described why leftists routinely throw up. It is because anything that suggests American exceptionalism., respect for our military, adherence to our Constitution, small government, low taxes, and free-market capitalism makes them sick, and the only thing that relieves their chronic nausea is, well, vomiting on America.
But “unlike the Left, who own the protest movement” says writer and publisher Judi McLeod, “Tea Party patriots did not scream obscenities or insult the very men and women who make it possible for [protests] to happen every day in America – the courageous U.S. troops and their allies in Afghanistan and Iraq.” Instead, they “sported tea bags on their lapels [and] waved the Stars and Stripes…something that Barack Obama cannot or will not do for America: show pride in being part of what is the greatest nation on earth! Even as the Obama regime cripples the country’s economy; even though Obama bagman George Soros gloated at the human suffering in the current recession, calling it `the culmination of my lifetime‘, patriots were taking their country back!”
Writing that the DHS document – declaring protesters de facto domestic terrorists – “reads like a declaration of war against decent American citizens,” radio-host Dr. Laurie Roth, who spoke before 3,500 Tea Party attendees in Spokane, predicts that “the nation has started its wake-up call. We are all fed up to our gills and done being just angry while watching our Government violate our Constitution, tax us to death, steal from future generations, and continue to march against our freedoms! This is just the beginning!”
And in a wonderful recounting of the original Boston Tea Party of 1773, writer Lee Cary – in a clear allusion to the Obama administration being “unaware” of the modern-day Tea Parties of April 15th – sardonically quips that the “Parliament didn’t get the last Tea Party either.”
“Deliberative legislative bodies,” Cary continues, “tend, then and now, to be dismissive when the people express an opinion they, the ruling class, don’t share. When asked to comment on the April 15, 2009 Tea Parties across America, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, said, in essence, `The people just don’t appreciate all the things the Crown has done for them.’”
Referring to the current Tea Parties, Patriot Post proprietor, Mark Alexander said: “The Tea Party of 1773 was a tactical event, but…as more Patriots across the nation take a lesson from our Founders, and make the leap from tactical skirmishes to a unified strategic front, protests will become far more focused and effective.”
And after ToThePointNews.com’s Dr. Jack Wheeler and his wife watched Tea Party demonstrations around the country, he wrote: “We’re going to have our country back again. There is hope for America after all. We wanted to believe this, but our faith had been profoundly shaken by the act of mass insanity last November 4. Now we could see with our own eyes – America is coming to its senses. The tea parties will continue. Wait till you see how many more of them and how bigger they are on July 4.”
But, Dr. Wheeler warns, ”One thing you can count on, the patriotic rejection of [Obama’s] fascism is not going to fade, it is going to grow…in an endless stream, for the people providing them are compulsively fascist in a religiously fanatical way. Fascism is their religion.”
Tough words until you consider that Obama’s FBI was covertly doing surveillance at each Tea Party throughout the nation, according to Douglas J. Hagmann, director of Northeast Intelligence Network, and Canada Free Press founding editor, McLeod. In a chilling commentary, the authors describe the following:
…a single-page confidential directive issued by the FBI headquarters in Washington, DC (FBIHQ) was sent to each of the 56 field offices located across the United States on or about March 23, 2009, instructing the Special Agents in Charge (SACs) of those offices to verify the date, time and location of each Tea Party within their region and supply that information to FBI headquarters in Washington. The source stated this correspondence termed the `Tea parties ’political demonstrations,” and added that the dissemination of the directive was very tightly controlled. `
In addition to obtaining or confirming the location and time of each `demonstration,’ each field office was instructed to obtain or confirm the identity of the individual(s) involved in the actual planning and coordination of the event in each specific region, and include the local or regional Internet web site address, if any. The information collected by region was then reportedly sent to FBI Headquarters.
A second directive was issued on or about April 6, 2009, that reportedly instructed each SAC to coordinate and conduct, either at the field office level and/or with the appropriate resident agency, covert video surveillance and data collection of the participants of the Tea Parties. Surveillance was to be performed from “discreet fixed or mobile positions” and was to be performed “independently and outside of the purview of local law enforcement.”
“Listen to what I am saying,” said Hagmann’s source. “The Department of Homeland Security Intelligence Assessment that is receiving so much attention is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg, and the true patriotic citizens of this country are on the Titanic.”
The kind of genuine grassroots activism the world witnessed on April 15 springs spontaneously from the passions of an outraged populace and are quite unlike the leftwing demonstrations we’ve seen over the years in which paid operatives round up – and often pay – agitators, unionists, and grievance groups. The beauty of the Tea Parties on April 15th was that there was no “central authority” organizing them, only individual efforts in all 50 states.
Tim Phillips, president of AmericansforProsperity.org, a pro-tax cut advocacy group, is now gearing up for a massive National Taxpayer Tea Party at the Capitol on October 2nd. For more information, click here.
WorldNetDaily – which hosts its own Tea Party forum – reports that the American Family Association has already started making plans for more tea parties on May 30th and July 4 on its National Tea Party Day website. The organization has already signed up four organizers for three U.S. cities.
Here is the tally so far:
Los Angeles – Saturday, July 4, from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Santa Monica Pier
Inverness – Saturday, April 18 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m., at the old historical courthouse, One Courthouse Square
Atlanta – Saturday, July 4, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the capitol building located at 206 Washington St.
Chicago – From Saturday, July 4, at 7 p.m. to Sunday, July 5, at 5 a.m. at Belmont Harbor on Lake Shore Drive
Fort Wayne – Saturday, April 18 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. downtown at Courthouse Square on Main Street
Mishawaka – Saturday, April 18, 10:30 a.m., in Beutter Park, call 574-257-1415
Boston – Saturday, July 4, from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Griffin Harbor on Congress Street Bridge
Jackson – Saturday, May 16, from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.on the steps of the capitol building
”<>“– Saturday, July 4, location to be announced
Buffalo “– Saturday, April 18, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., 199 Deleware Ave
New York – Saturday, July 4, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. at South Street Seaport and Pier 17
Bucks County – Saturday, April 18, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., at General Greene Pavilion
Philadelphia – Saturday, April 18, at 10 a.m. on Market Street across from Independence Mall
Philadelphia – Saturday, July 4, from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Independence Mall
Jackson – Friday, April 24, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Liberty Garden, people should bring tailgate items such as grills, food, tea email@example.com
Austin – Saturday, July 4, time and location to be announced firstname.lastname@example.org
Dallas – Saturday, July 4, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Victory Park
Fort Worth – Saturday, July 4 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at20the Cowtown Bar & Grill
Kerr County – Friday, April 24, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Guadalupe River at Louise Hays Park pavillion, speakers, barbecue, please feel free to bring children email@example.com
Midland – Saturday, April 18, 10 a.m., Vietnam memorial at Midland International Airport, local and state politicians will be present with “open mic” time for citizen firstname.lastname@example.org
Waco – Saturday, July 4, time and location to be announced email@example.com
Annandale – Saturday, April 25, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mason District20Park, 6621 Columbia Pike firstname.lastname@example.org
Vancouver – Saturday, April 18, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Clark County Courthouse lawn email@example.com
Washington, D.C. – Saturday, July 4, from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at Upper Senate Park adjacent to Capitol building on north side
Cheyenne – July 4, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the state capitol building
Also stay tuned to the following sites and others as they spring up:
“Not even a cult leader,” says Judi McLeod, “can deny reality forever. Millions of Americans object to the most historical anti-American president ever elected, and they are out to take their country back against impossible odds. Tune in, Mr. Obama, millions of Americans smeared as right-wing extremists in your latest Dept. of Homeland Security Intelligence brief, are about to prove what real change and real hope are all about. “